It’s Stoptober when could there be a better time to Stop Smoking!
What do you shut up and light up and put up with…?
With the average packet of cigarettes costing around between £10 to £12, who can even afford to smoke these days?
I used to be a nicotine addict. I know what it’s like to have your every waking thought be about how soon you could have your next cigarette.
Worse still I did not fall into the category of a ‘habit’ smoker. You know, that annoying person who can have one or two socially and then not smoke again. No, not me I was a slave to it. It dominated every part of my life and my constant thoughts were about the addiction and also how to stop smoking. It had such a terrible grip on me.
Because I’m somewhat of a control freak (towards myself not others) I couldn’t bear the idea that a piece of paper with some leaves in it, had control over me. Determined to stop smoking I used everything I knew and I finally did it. I stopped. Moreover I have since helped hundreds of people to break the habit and deal with the underlying causes.
Are you serious about wanting to stop smoking?
you can do it and I’m here to tell you that
IT’S EASIER THAN YOU THINK!
As you will see here, smokers are either habit or compulsive. If you fall into the ‘habit’ category and would like to stop smoking try this approach.
- Set a date to stop, say a month from now.
- Between now and then keep changing your brand of cigarettes to confuse the habit.
- Tell your friends that you are going to stop smoking (this way you become accountable).
- Leading up to your stop smoking date, avoid the ‘ritual’ cigarette. Thats the one you always have on your break or after dinner.
- Stop smoking in your usual places. In other words change the routine.
- Place your cigarettes out of reach so that each time you have one it is a ‘conscious’ action.
- Negotiate the odd fag! Ask yourself do I really need it? Drink a full glass of water and if you still want it have it.
- When you choose to have a cigarette or vape do it with full consciousness. I.E. don’t don’t do anything else just smoke it mindfully.
- Preparation: The day before your stop smoking day, get rid of all of the paraphernalia, ashtrays, lighters etc. Bin them!
- Make sure you’ve downloaded Stop Smoking Now from the shop at thestresshacker.com
- On your stop date Listen to Stop Smoking Now! Hypnosis Program first thing in the morning and last thing that night.
Compulsive smokers will need to explore the underlying emotions that drive them to smoke. That’s likely to be FAGS, Fear, Anger, Guilt, Shame or all of them.
If all traces of nicotine have left the body after 36 hours (faster if you go for regular steam baths) then you would think the addiction is no longer there wouldn’t you? So what are you left with? Thoughts and feelings. Even the weakest willed person can change their thoughts… you think about a cigarette – change the thought, you could recite the words of a song for example. Feelings they can be less easy to change and they will need understanding, exploring and changing.
That’s easy, just book a session with me! Go to Work With Sue at thestresshacker.com. Seriously I promise you you will feel so much happier when you reclaim your power back and stop smoking. There’s loads of free help too from the NHS here. So save your money and your health and break up with these bad boys now!
Let me know how you get on and if you have questions join me on the stresshacker’s facebook page and we can talk about it there or leave your comments below.
I’m also excited to share that I have a new Wellbeing online workshop coming up very soon so keep your eyes peeled as it also has some special offers in it.