Is Your Anxiety Creeping Up?
I’ve had quite a few messages from people who are struggling with anxiety about the attack on the Ukraine and I doubt anyone could fail to be affected by it.
But here’s the thing, if like me you are highly sensitive it’s a bad idea to listen, read or watch too much of the reporting. It is a trigger for anxiety, it really can have a negative and detrimental effect on your health and wellbeing.
Isn’t that just being ignorant?
I’m not being an Ostrich or selfish when I say that I limit how much of it I allow into my world. I have made myself ill in the past with anxiety by worrying and feeling anxious about things I have no control over.
These are some of the things I advocate that will give you a sense of control (instead of panic)
Take Gandhi’s advice and “Be The Change You Want To See Happen In The World” (Apparently he didn’t phrase it quite like that but you get the gist) Practise being peaceful, in this way you lessen inner conflict?
- If you believe in prayer, pray.
- Quieten your mind and body with a simple meditation of bringing your attention to your breathing hundreds of times throughout the day. Given you’re a microcosm of the macrocosm Be Peace.
- If you actually want to do something, dig deep and donate even the smallest donation will be of help to the Ukrainians in their time of need.
- Remember the ‘golden hours’ that set you up for how you’re going to feel during the day, are the first hour in the morning and the last hour at night. This is NOT the time for catching up on the news, lunchtime or sometime through the day is better.
- I went online to Etsy Ukraine.com and purchased some digital products in an effort to support.
- Campaign when and where you feel able to.
If you need additional help to stay calm, relaxed and free from anxiety try Stress Free With Confidence the hypnosis MP3 that will ease your stress.
Finally if you’re still feeling stressed consider doing some research on the wonderful Ayurvedic herb Ashwaganda. The benefits include helping to reduce inflammation, combat stress and anxiety, improve memory and help balance blood sugar as well as boosting muscle strength. Personally I found it really helped improve the quality of my sleep.
Thats all for now and thank you if you’ve taken the time to read to the end.