You know that here we go again feeling when you think… haven’t I done this? been in this situation before?
Take heart because that feeling is familiar to most of us. When I find that I’m taking myself too seriously I read the following guide. It’s tongue in cheek, makes me laugh and brings me back to the present, so I thought I would share it with you.
‘HOW TO BE A HUMAN BEING’
1. You will receive a body and a family. You may like them or hate them, but they will be yours for the entire period of this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant or stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error; experimentation. The ‘failed’ experimentations are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately ‘works’.
4. A lesson does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
5. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, when you have learned it you can then go on to the next lesson.
6. “There” is no better than “here”. When your ‘there’ has become ‘here’ you will simply obtain another ‘there’ that will again look better than ‘here’.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need, what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. YOU WILL FORGET ALL THIS!
I would like to lay claim to having conceived and written it but I didn’t and can’t remember who did! It’s a great piece worth printing off and reading through at least once a week to help you lighten up and enjoy where you are and what you’ve got.