Do you often feel irritated, agitated and on the ‘edge’ of losing it?
Anger plays a part in a bigger picture of loss. So what’s changed recently, what have you lost? A loved one, a job, relationship, house? The disappointment of your own expectations? Maybe you’ve gone so far into a ‘role’ that you’ve actually lost yourself. In which case you’ll need to find your way home again to remembering who you really are.
Begin by acknowledging what you might be grieving, then move onto the following 10 ways to address feelings of frustration and anger.
1. Write, on a sheet of paper, “I’m angry because…” and write a list of 50 things that come to mind. The exercise in itself will be enlightening and then see if there is anything you can actually do to change the irritating factor. If you can’t, then you might just have to do a bit of growing up and work on accepting what you can’t change.
2. Write a letter (by hand) to the person you feel angry with (even if they are no longer alive) and tear it up into lots of pieces when you have finished.
3. Sing or whistle – it helps you to breathe out; at the end of the sound you have to take a deep breath in again.
4. Repeat, silently, “I am calm and relaxed I am at ease” (even if you’re not feeling it!)
5. Lie on the floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor, pull your belly button back toward your spine and thump your feet up and down on the floor and move them from side to side. Make fists and thump them on the floor too.
6. Look up EFT for anger on YouTube there’s loads of videos that will help you learn how to use this amazing technique.
7. If you’re stuck in traffic, take a deep breath in, and as you breathe out make a loud HAAAAA sound.
8. Tell yourself “This feeling will pass”.
9. Find somewhere quiet and take time out to listen to Stress Free With Confidence.
10. Think about what might be causing your anger. Try this simple thought exercise to get to the bottom of your feelings: How to lose your baggage and lighten up.
If you know someone who could use these tips, please forward the email and have them sign up to receive free relaxation and meditation downloads… make sure you’ve claimed yours too.